Saturday 4 February 2012

LONDON FASHION WEEK - September 16th 2011

Despite not being in the media OR having a ticket, doing a degree in a fashion related subject let myself and some friends from uni get into a catwalk show at London Fashion Week for a Spring/Summer 2012 collection from Jean-Pierre Braganza at Somerset House. Not going to lie, we did feel a little smug! Although I didn't know much about him I'm really glad I managed to get into the show. I wasn't sure on my chances of managing to get into a show but I HAD to give it a go. Part of me wanted to try to get into one of my more favoured designer's catwalk, but thought it would be interesting to go to a designer's show who I didn't know much about. It was a beautifully hot day, and there were extremely well and interestingly dressed people everywhere, I felt rather under-dressed!
NOT OUR BEST PHOTO!

JEAN PIERRE BRAGANZA'S SPRING/SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION, "PRAXIS", IS INSPIRED BY THE ART DECO ERA, INDUSTRIAL ROCK, THE GERMAN ARCHITECT  LUDWIG MILES VAN DER ROHE AND ARTIST BEN NICHOLSON, AS WELL AS A TRIP TO CORNWALL AND IT'S BEACHES. HIS COLLECTION CONSISTED OF BOLD GEOMETRIC PRINTS, DRAPING FABRIC AND CUT-UP TAILORING. THE COLOURS OF THE FABRICS COVERED A PALETTE FROM MONOCHROME BLACK AND WHITE TO PASTEL TO BOLDER COLOURS. ALTHOUGH THE COLLECTION WASN'T AS EXTRAVAGANT AS SOMETHING BY MR. GALLIANO OR PARTICULARLY OUT THERE, I LIKED CERTAIN PIECES AS I'M A SUCKER FOR MONOCHROME AND BOLD PRINTS. ALL IN ALL I THOUGHT THE SHOW'S AESTHETIC WAS RATHER GOOD! MUSIC BY DAFT PUNK AND CONFIDENT WOMEN STRUTTING THEIR STUFF IN NICE CLOTHES. I'M REALLY GLAD I GOT A CHANCE TO GO TO THIS SHOW AND GET TO SEE SOMETHING NEW FOR ME.

FULL LENGTH SHOTS.

CLOSER SHOTS.


CATWALK.
FINALE.

No comments:

Post a Comment