Sunday 5 February 2012

SELF PORTRAIT

At the beginning of my degree course during the photography and styling section of the first semester, we were given what seemed like the easy task of a self portrait project to start off the year - I was SO wrong. Something so simple causes havoc with me and my overactive imagination. I had so many ideas running through my head and a few things I had to consider. In my self portrait I wanted to reflect aspects of my personality, my interests and things that made me and make me what I am today. I had to consider how deep I wanted to go and expose myself, and whether I wanted the shoot to be fun or a little more serious. I wanted to incorporate more than one aspect of myself into the end product and possibly create a story and/or greater understanding of yours truly.

For my final idea in these set of photographs I incorporated: ★ MY LOVE FOR THE 1950s  NAUTICAL FASHION/ART  PIN-UP GIRLS  ARTIST GIL ELVGREN  BLUE  I HAVE ALWAYS LIVED BY THE SEA AND I LOVE IT - LINKS WITH NAUTICAL  LOVE FOR MY FAMILY = THE STRIPED SHIRT REMINDS ME OF A NURSES' UNIFORM (MOTHER) & MY FATHER WAS IN THE NAVY BACK IN THE DAY  ALTERNATIVE FASHION & TATTOOS  I LOVE BIG HAIR AND RED LIPS   





No comments:

Post a Comment