Saturday 10 March 2012

PURE LONDON - FEB 2012

I had the wonderful chance to work backstage as a dresser at Pure London 2012. The event takes place twice a year at Olympia London and is the UK's leading trade fashion event for sourcing hundreds of womenswear, young creative fashion, accessory and footwear brands. The event consisted of stalls and two catwalk stages that showed various shows all day, every day. The two stages showcased Womenswears, WGSN, Young Fashion & New Brands. It was a wonderful experience to be able to work in the hustle and bustle behind the scenes at a fashion show and to work with some wonderful new people, it was all very exciting! I was paired with the wonderful Irish model, Caitlyn Leckey, she was lovely to work with, absolutely gorgeous and such a nice girl. I had the chance to style with items from Iron Fist, New Rock and Kat Von D's new collection. It really was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed every minute of it. Here are some photos I took on my Blackberry of and around the event.
THE VENUE - PART OF IT AT LEAST! THE PLACE WAS ABSOLUTELY HUGE.
ONE OF THE CATWALK STAGES WITH VIEWERS AT THE READY.

CHECKING OUT THE MANY STALLS.
WANDERING AROUND.
AN IPHONE LIKE APP/SCREEN WHERE THE USER CAN ACCESS A DATABASE OF THE EVENT, FROM STALLS TO CATWALK TIMES.
CHHIMMI AND I GETTING OUR STEAM ON.
A CHEEKY PEAK AT THE GARMENTS AND GOODIES BACKSTAGE AT THE WOMENSWEAR AND WGSN CATWALK.
DRESSING ROOM FOR THE NEW BRANDS AND YOUNG FASHION CATWALK.
MODELS PRE-WALK LINE-UP.
I HAD THE CHANCE TO MEET THE WONDERFUL KAT VON D AT HER STALL, NOT ONLY IS SHE AN INCREDIBLE TATTOOIST, SHE'S ALSO A LOVELY PERSON WITH A KEEN EYE FOR FASHION AND DESIGN. UNFORTUNATELY, I LOOKED AWFUL ALL THROUGHOUT THE 4 DAYS SO I LOOKED EVEN WORSE STANDING NEXT TO THE GORGEOUS MISS VON D. I ALSO MET LAUREN POPE FROM TV'S 'THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX' BUT I LOOKED EVEN  MORE TERRIBLE IN THAT PHOTO SO WASN'T GOING TO DISPLAY THAT ONE!
LEFT & RIGHT: A FEW OF THE MODELS BEFORE ONE OF THE NEW BRANDS AND YOUNG FASHION SHOWS. CENTRE: A COUPLE OF THE MUAs AND HAIR STYLISTS.
ME AND MY LOVELY MODEL, MISS CAITLYN LECKEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment